Benefits to Mimas
- Mimas will benefit from widening its skill base in both Linked Data generally and SDMX and Geospatial in particular.
- Mimas will further boost its position as a centre of expertise in Linked Data and SDMX, and benefit from future collaborations in these areas.
- Better Understanding of Linkages of Landmap Spatial Metadata with other Mimas resources
- Ability to plan and understand effort required for further work
- In future Mimas will look to apply the knowledge and experience gained to other statistical resources in its portfolio, such as Census data.
- The project will give additional momentum to the Publishing Statistical Data working group, which includes several collaborators from various academic institutions.
- There are opportunities for Mimas to network with other institutions working on Linked Data and SDMX.
- Better Understanding of Linkages of Landmap Spatial Metadata with other resources (JISC and others).
- Exposing Landmap’s unique datasets through Linked Spatial Metadata using data which has the highest ‘Linkability’ to the web makes them available to many sectors that would find them useful.
- Researchers and publishers of Statistical and Geospatial data will be able to draw on the Linked Data expertise Mimas develops.